Family Reunion Day


Today was family reunion day! We get together with my mom's family once a year to keep connected with aunts and uncles, cousins, and second cousins. It's always fun to catch up with each other and see how much the kids have grown. Yikes, they grow fast.
K was showing my cousin's daughter a pic of her new dog, Brady.
Everyone wanted to see him! K came a little late to the party. She wasn't sure about leaving Brady alone for several hours. He's a chewer. The Man and I had him for a sleepover last weekend while K was at a bachelorette party. He ate one of my slippers.

He got downstairs and brought up a present. The Man walked into the living room/dining room (we have one big great room that holds two areas) and noticed something under the dining room table. He thought it was a chewed up dog toy until he got a little closer. It was a dead mouse in a mousetrap.

Blech.

Good thing I didn't see it or that dog would have been out on the streets.

I wrote a poem to commemorate the weekend.

Chewing dog. Strewing dog.
Stuffing all over the house.

Pooing dog. Doing dog.
Bringing us a dead mouse.


My dad and one of my cousin's wives chatting for a few minutes. See the ball in the pic? My cousin's son, holding a soccer ball this time. He's always got a ball in his hands. See pic below.

My cousin's son. An avid baseball and basketball player, he's always got a ball of some sort in his hands.
There's his dad with a ball in his hands. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
One of my aunts and her granddaughter playing with a new toy she won at the arcade. I tried to convince her to give it to me but no dice.
What a cutie pop. Snuggled up with her momma, pretending to be shy.

She is NOT shy.
Must be a pretty funny story.
Lots of hugs.
My dad and my uncle. The old guys. They still have fun together.

~~~~~~~~~~

My mom and dad met when my dad's parents rented an apartment from my mom's parents. He's known my aunts for a long time and watched them grow up. My mom and dad were the oldest in their families so all their siblings were young when my parents met and started dating.

I vaguely remember that apartment building and visiting it when I was very young. My grandparents had a pug dog that we used to try and ride like a pony. It's no wonder the dog didn't like me. It would literally run away when my sister and I came in the apartment. 

And French. I remember my memere and her sisters speaking French. My mother could speak it too. I was always in awe of them speaking another language. I so desperately wanted to speak it as well so I knew what they were saying. But I'm guessing that's why they were speaking it.

It seems like the adults in my life were always speaking other languages to keep us kids in the dark. I wish I knew what they were talking about. It sure wasn't recipes.

Comments