Take a Step Back

I like the blue star shape. I didn't notice it when we were walking around the carnival. I only saw it from a distance.
__________

Sometimes life is like that. You don't see things right in front of you. It's only when you put space between you that the picture becomes clearer.

It's the details that clutter the mind. When I was walking around the carnival I was bombarded with lights and smells and music and people. Too much to look at. No focus.

As we were walking to the car, I turned around to look back at the carnival. Different perspective. Quieter. More peaceful.

And that's when I saw the blue star.
I've been a wee bit obsessed with black and white lately. Probably because I took part in that Facebook black and white photo challenge that's been going around.

I like it. It makes you see things differently.


Comments